Senior Web Developer
As a Pocket Square Senior Web Developer, your role comes with considerable responsibility.
Working in partnership with our Technical and Creative Leads, you endeavour to ensure all solutions that are created and deployed to your key accounts are of the utmost quality and sophistication, to give our clients noticeably value through your attention to detail and your understanding of their business. You ensure this because you see it as a reflection of your key values and ethos as a Web Development professional.
With your deep understanding of code functions and limitations, paired with your unquenchable thirst for knowledge and passion for things done correctly, you provide a powerful advantage to the clients of Pocket Square and the Pocket Square team by conceptualising, scoping, implementing, and maintaining outstanding web development solutions, and always pushing to provide more value than the client expects.
Staying on the forefront of web technology is not seen as a task to be completed for you, rather an enjoyable pastime that you find yourself doing because you value knowledge.
- Ensuring all solutions delivered to your key accounts by your or another developer are of the utmost quality and consideration of our clients business needs.
- Ensure that our clients servers are operational and functional, liaising with hosting providers to implement and optimise if need be.
- Collaborating with our Technical and Creative Leads and any other Team member on ideas and concepts, documenting and reviewing possible solutions for our clients.
- Ensuring that you have an understanding of all websites that are not built by PS are on boardedby executing a code audited and creating documentation if required.
- Providing and reviewing projects and task quotes and estimates with the outcome of our clients receiving more value than expected.
- Creating and implementing a development methodology that can consistently produce scalable value for Pocket Squares clients.
- BSc in computer science or a related field, or significant equivalent experience
- 5 years minimum experience with HTML/CSS (including Less,Sass), and JS
- 5 years minimum Web programming experience, including PHP.
- 2 year minimum experience working with relational database systems such as MySQL and a good working knowledge of SQL
- Rich experience in CLI and Shell
- Knowledge of version control system such as GIT
- Experience on Web Performance Optimisation and Web Security
- Knowledge of Linux server administration (shell, apache, nginx, mys
- 3 Years commercial experience of Ecommerce development
- Experience developing and implementing open source software projects
- Self-starter with strong self-management skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
Nice to have:
- Open source projects, personal side projects, personal site/blog
- PHP framework experience: Laravel, Yii, etc.
- Experience on Frontend libraries & framework: jQuery, Bootstrap, Angular, React, Webpack, Gulp
- Platform experience: Magento, Wordpress, Shopify
To apply for this role, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org