As Pocket Square’s Senior Digital Designer, you will be responsible for planning, concepting, designing and briefing beautiful, well thought out eCommerce journeys that run across multiple channels.
Working directly with clients, as well as our strategic team and development teams, you will empathise and understand how our client’s customers want to engage and experience the brand, then plan a solution that not only meets the brief, but sets their customers experience apart.
As the concepts take shape, you will work closely with our Junior Designer to finalise the remaining pages/functionality, freeing you up to move to other client concepting work.
- Participate in project discovery and design briefing sessions, extracting information about our client’s business and customer requirements to shape the design concepts.
- Create initial concepts for full website design projects and present these concepts to the client, clearly communicating your rationale and ideas to confirm the client’s preferred direction.
- Expand concepts based on client feedback to include core pages (homepage, collection and product page) before handing these over to the junior designer for completion.
- Present, discuss and provide rationale for all design decisions, for both full projects and ongoing design work.
- Refine concepts to fully functional site prototypes including all elements of the experience (animations, hover effects etc)
- Create development-ready designs with style guides
- Brief the development team through your designs, and work with them as the project evolves to ensure the design and experience created is aligned with your expectations.
- Work with the strategic team to understand key site improvement goals and the specific brief signed off by the client to create designs that meet that goal.
- Lead Pocket Square’s Junior Designer to drive their design capabilities and growth within the company.
Key Role KPIs:
- Develop initial concepts within the agreed budget and timeframe to present to clients.
- Clearly and effectively communicate design concepts to clients so they understand the rationale and design decisions behind the concept.
- Lead Pocket Square’s Junior Designer, ensuring they feel well supported as they design elements and projects.
- Brief and review work of the Design Team and ensuring all design deliverables are met.
- Plan and facilitate a training programme for the design team to follow and learn.
- Deliver projects on time and within budget, either by doing the work yourself or through leveraging your design team.
- 5 years experience in Website Design/Design roles.
- eCommerce design experience.
- Experience working with clients and strategic teams in a collaborative manner
- Understanding of website development principles and how they relate to design.
- Understanding of UX principles and how they relate to the design process.
- XD, Figma or Sketch experience
- Experience with responsive design.
- Experience with design briefing and extracting information from clients that is relevant to your design process.
- Experience with Shopify and Shopify Plus
If this sounds like you, send your CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.